Finding your suitable readers for z wave smart home is not easy. You may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many store. In this article, we make a short list of the best readers for z wave smart home including detail information and customer reviews. Let’s find out which is your favorite one.
637 reviews analysed
1. Samsung SmartThings Hub 3rd Generation [GP-U999SJVLGDA] Smart Home Automation Hub Home Monitoring Smart Devices – Alexa Google Home Compatible – Zigbee, Z-Wave, Cloud to Cloud Protocols – White
- Connectivity: Wirelessly connect and control a wide range of compatible smart devices from 40+ partner brands, including voice assistants, lights & switches, speakers, cameras, sensors and more
- Home Automation: Teach the hub your Good Morning, Goodbye, Goodnight, and other routines to automatically turn devices on or off throughout the day
- 24/7 Monitoring: Receive app alerts from connected devices when there’s unexpected activity in your home.Material: Plastic
- Voice Controls: Use voice commands to control connected devices using SmartThings and the Google Assistant
- Improved DIY Solution: Improved guided onboarding for easier setup. Hub connects with Wi-Fi so does not need to be connected to an Ethernet cable
- Compatible with previous versions of SmartThings Sensors and Outlets
- Download new SmartThings (Samsung Connect) app for initial set-up. (Tip: You can still use SmartThings Classic app once initial set up is completed)
- Requires Android (6.0 or later) or iOS (11.0 or later)
- Product not supported outside U.S
- Compatibility: Works with Google, Alexa, SmartThings, and ZigBee communication protocols
Your smart home needs a brain, so get started with a SmartThings Hub. The Samsung SmartThings Hub works with a wide range of smart devices and allows you to control them from the free SmartThings App, Google Assistant, or Alexa. Receive notifications or alerts about what’s happening in and around your home and remotely control your home’s security, energy usage, and lighting.
You can add as many additional SmartThings sensors or other popular Z-Wave, ZigBee, or Internet-connected products to enhance your connected home. Works with smart devices from the following brands: Philips Hue, Ring, Arlo, Ecobee, Honeywell, Bose and more. (Not compatible with NEST, Sonos, D-Link, and Blink devices.) Look for the “Works with SmartThings” logo next time you’re buying a connected device for your home, or visit SmartThings website to see the full list of compatible devices.
Requires an internet-connected WiFi router plus the free SmartThings app for Android (6.0 or later) or iOS (11.0 or later). Connected devices sold separately. Works in the US and Canada.
Includes: ethernet cable and power supply, quick-start guide, and health and safety guide. 1 year Samsung SmartThings limited warranty.
. Power: In-wall power adapter.
. Communication Protocol: Zigbee, Z-Wave, and WiFi
. Range: 50-130 feet depending on your home’s construction.
. Operating Temperature: 32-104°F.
. Product not supported outside U.S.
. Download new smartphone (Samsung connect) app for initial set-up. (Tip: you can still use smartphone classic app Once initial set up is completed)
2. GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Pin Sensor, Attaches to Existing Door Hinge, Left or Right Opening, Repeater/Range Extender, Works with SmartThings, Wink, Iris, 32563, White
- Requires a Z-Wave certified gateway – Compatible with the following Z-Wave certified Hubs: SmartThings, Wink, Honeywell, HomeSeer, Vera, Trane, Nexia, ADT Pulse and Iris.
- Wirelessly activate scenes or lights when door is opened or closed and send alerts and remote monitor your doors from your Z-Wave enabled smartphone or tablet
- Works on all standard doors using your existing hinge and pin (REQUIRES hinge with removable pin) – compatible with hinge pins up to 5/16” in diameter
- Reversible for right and left door openings and adjusts to fit door trim (for INDOOR use only)
- Requires one (1) CR2 battery (included) for up to 2 years of battery life.
- Tip: If the main screw is not tightened, then the calibration will not correctly work, causing the unit to not operate properly. If the unit is not calibrated for trim molding, etc. then it will not register closed correctly.
- Note: Kindly refer the user manual below for more information on the calibration process.
3. GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Switch with QuickFit and SimpleWire, Compatible with Alexa, SmartThings, Wink, Zwave Hub Required, ON/OFF Control, Repeater/Range Extender, 3-Way Ready, 46201
- VOICE CONTROL – ALEXA & GOOGLE ASSISTANT COMPATIBLE (requires a Z-Wave certified hub). Works with the following Z-Wave certified hubs: SmartThings, Ring Alarm, Wink, ADT Pulse, ADT Command, Trane, Vivint, Nexia, Honeywell, Home Seer, Harmony Home Hub Extender, Vera and more.
- ADVANCED DESIGN 2ND GENERATION MODEL – Improved components reduced the housing depth by up to 20% compared to previous Z-Wave models and eliminated the need for heat tabs. Quick Fit enhancements are the ideal smart solution for older-style switch boxes, multi-gang configurations or any other application with limited space. Auto line-load sensing terminals support fast and easy installation by detecting line and load wires and configuring the dimmer accordingly. Dual ground ports, which are offset to avoid switch box mounting screws, support daisy-chaining in multi-switch setups.
- VERSATILE APPLICATIONS – Control the device remotely with your smartphone and voice commands when connected to a compatible hub or enjoy manual ON/OFF operation from the switch. Home automation is simple through custom scenes, personalized scheduling and convenient alerts. The smart device operates perfectly on its own or seamlessly integrates into multi-switch setups with required add-on switches – models 12723, 12728, 46199, or 46200. Up to four add-on switches can be connected to the same device.
- FULL-HOME COVERAGE – Z-Wave Plus works with all previous Z-Wave generations to allow continued expansion of your home-automation network. The switch is capable of controlling indoor or outdoor fixtures for whole-home automation = and repeats your Z-Wave signal from your hub or other devices to extend your range by up to 150ft. Extended signal range increases your home automation coverage to enhance your control.
- EASY INSTALLATION – Requires indoor in-wall installation with hardwired connections. NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED. Includes white and light almond paddles (wall plate not included). Works with all LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen bulbs as well as other devices. Operating temperature range 32-104 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. August Smart Lock Pro + Connect, 3rd gen technology – Silver, works with Alexa
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Requires 110-240 Volts
- Control and monitor your door from anywhere. Lock and unlock your door, control keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone
- Be sure you’re secure with DoorSense. Only August has DoorSense to tell you if your door is securely closed and locked
- Always know who is coming and going. Track activity at your doorstep with a 24/7 Activity Feed and requires iOS (9.0 or higher) or Android (5.0 or higher) smartphones
- Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt
- use your existing keys at anytime
- Locks automatically behind you, and unlocks as you approach. Retrofit installation works with most standard single cylinder deadbolts
- Simple, DIY installation. Install in about 10 minutes with just a screwdriver
- Simply Speak to lock your door. Tell Alexa, Siri or the Google Assistant to control your August Smart Lock Pro + Connect
- Certified Z-Wave Plus home product. Works with Z-Wave, the leading wireless technology for security and home control products. Works with the free August app
- Refer to the PDF named “Other content” below for compatibility details of the product
Control and monitor your door from anywhere.
Know your door is both closed and locked with DoorSense
5. GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Switch with QuickFit and SimpleWire, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, SmartThings, Wink, Zwave Hub Required, Repeater/Range Extender, 3-Way Ready Toggle, 46202
- VOICE CONTROL – ALEXA & GOOGLE ASSISTANT COMPATIBLE (requires a Z-Wave certified hub). Works with the following Z-Wave certified hubs: SmartThings, Ring Alarm, Wink, ADT Pulse, ADT Command, Trane, Vivint, Nexia, Honeywell, HomeSeer, Harmony Home Hub Extender, Vera and more.
- ADVANCED DESIGN 2ND GENERATION MODEL – Improved components reduced the housing depth by up to 20% compared to previous Z-Wave models and eliminated the need for heat tabs. Quick Fit enhancements are the ideal smart solution for older-style switch boxes, multi-gang configurations or any other application with limited space. Auto line-load sensing terminals support fast and easy installation by detecting line and load wires and configuring the dimmer accordingly. Dual ground ports, which are offset to avoid switch box mounting screws, support daisy-chaining in multi-switch setups. For increased convenience, the optional toggle backlight provides a soft glow and can be reversed, turned off or always on based on your indicator preferences.
- VERSATILE APPLICATIONS – Control the device remotely with your smartphone and voice commands when connected to a compatible hub or enjoy manual ON/OFF operation from the switch. Home automation is simple through custom scenes, personalized scheduling and convenient alerts. The smart device operates perfectly on its own or seamlessly integrates into multi-switch setups with required add-on switches – models 12728 or 46200. Up to four add-on switches can be connected to the same device.
- FULL-HOME COVERAGE – Z-Wave Plus works with all previous Z-Wave generations to allow continued expansion of your home-automation network. The switch is capable of controlling indoor or outdoor fixtures for whole-home automation and repeats your Z-Wave signal from your hub or other devices to extend your range by up to 150ft. Extended signal range increases your home automation coverage to enhance your control.
- EASY INSTALLATION – Requires indoor in-wall installation with hardwired connections. NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED. Wallplate not included. Works with all LED, CFL, incandescent and halogen bulbs as well as other devices. Operating temperature range 32-104 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Aeotec Smart Switch 6, Z-Wave Plus Wireless Control Plug for Home Security Automation, 15A Mini Size, Monitor Power, New Design without USB port
- Automate/schedule your home appliance with on/off control. Smart Switch 6 controls up to 15 amps and monitors real-time power consumption with a variable color LED ring and reports the data to the gateway system.
- Built-in features include surge protection for a safer home and signal repeater to improve the communication between the other Z-Wave devices.
- Sleek & minimal. It’s Aeotec’s newer design with all the powerful features packed in the tiny size of 2.20 x 2.20 x 1.96 (1.38) inches.
- Tested to work with Z-Wave gateways including Samsung SmartThings, Vera, Webee, Wink-hub, Zipabox, Universal Devices ISY994Zw, openHAB, Open Z-Wave, Oomi, Jeedom, Indigo 7, InControl, HomeSeer, Home Assistant, eedomus, Abode and more.
- Z-Wave Plus certified for quicker response time, better wireless range, and additional wireless security encryption. Z-Wave certification number: ZC10-15050012.
7. Honeywell Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Dimmer Switch, In-Wall Paddle, Interchangeable White & Almond |Built-In Repeater & Range Extender | ZWave Hub Required – SmartThings, Wink, Alexa Compatible, 39351
- FULL RANGE DIMMING – Give your space the perfect amount of light with the ability to customize the brightness levels from 0 to 100%. Works ONLY with dimmable bulbs and lamps.
- WIRELESSLY CONTROL & SCHEDULE LIGHTS AND OTHER DEVICES– Schedule timed events for connected devices. Customize scenes for day or night, home or away. Wirelessly control switch from anywhere through your smartphone, tablet, PC or Z-Wave remote. Switch can be operated manually.
- ALEXA COMPATIBLE (HUB REQUIRED) – Requires an Alexa supported hub for voice control with Amazon Echo Products (Alexa device and hub are sold separately).Cannot connect directly with ECHO PLUS (Only ZigBee products can connect directly to Echo Plus).
- REQUIRES A Z-WAVE CERTIFIED HUB – Compatible with the following Z-Wave Hubs: Honeywell, SmartThings, Pulse, Trane, Wink, Nexia, Honeywell, HomeSeer, Harmony Home Hub Extender, Vera, Fibaro, Vivint and ADT.
- IN-WALL INSTALLATION WITH HARD WIRED CONNECTIONS (NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED) – replace your existing in-wall switch in as little as 15 minutes. Includes white and light almond paddles to match any home décor and a blue LED indicator light to locate the switch in a dark room. Wall plate is NOT included.
8. Leviton DZPA1-2BW Decora Smart Plug-in Outlet with Z-Wave Plus Technology, White, Works with Alexa
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- Z-Wave Plus certified – compatible with popular hubs including SmartThings and Wink
- Provides 15A, 120 VAC NEMA 5-15R grounding receptacle for use with a wide variety of lamps and appliances
- Scene and zone control integration. Designed for residential applications of up to 7,500 square feet
- Protected memory maintains ON/OFF status of loads and during minor power fluctuations
Schedule your plug-in lamps, holiday lighting or small appliances to turn on/off from anywhere using a compatible Z-Wavecontroller. Installation is simple and requires no new wiring – simply plug in the device and enroll it to the hub. Features two-way status updating for immediate notification and precise automation scheduling. Reduce energy consumption, provide automated plug-load control based on schedules with a compatible hub, and utilize the wireless affordable plug-in for automating small appliances. Leviton Z-Wave products make it easy to bring today’s technology into your home. For wireless control of lamps, small appliances, holiday lighting and more, Z-Wave Plug-Ins are the smart solution for today’s lifestyle. The Plug-In Outlet with Z-Wave Plus Technology (DZPA1) is ideal for any residential setting where remote ON/OFF switching of appliances, motor loads up to 1/2 HP, or freestanding lights, including LED, Incandescent, Inductive Voltage, Fluorescent and Compact Fluorescent loads is needed. Typical applications include switching of lamps, portable fans, kitchen appliances, indoor fountains and more. Also allows users to incorporate small appliances into scene and zone home control applications. DZPA1 is for use with Z-Wave enabled hubs like the Samsung SmartThings, to help facilitate a comprehensive smart home. If you do not wish to use a hub but still desire voice controls and select third-party device integration, Leviton recommends the DW15A.
9. Schlage BE469ZP CAM 619 Connect Smart Deadbolt with Alarm with Camelot Trim in Satin Nickel, Z-Wave Plus Enabled
- Pair with a Z Wave smart home or security system like Samsung SmartThings or Ring Alarm to lock and unlock from anywhere
- Hands free voice control requires Z Wave smart home system and compatible voice assistant
- Alexa device (sold separately)
- Easy to install with just a screwdriver
- Unique Snap ‘n Stay technology snaps the deadbolt onto the door so both hands are free during installation
- Use the finger print resistant touchscreen to share up to 30 access codes instead of keeping track of spare keys
- Built in alarm senses potential door attacks
- Operating Temperatures: Outside escutcheon: -35C to 66C,Inside escutcheon: -10C to 49C
10. Wink WNKHUB-2US 2 Smart home hub White
- VOICE CONTROL: Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant (devices sold separately)
- CONNECT ALL YOUR SMART DEVICES: Easily connect and manage your smart home ecosystem with Wink Hub 2. Compatible with all major smart home categories, including cameras & doorbells, lighting & locks, thermostats, sensors & alarms, appliances, speakers and more.
- ONE SIMPLE APP: Control all your home’s smart devices, no matter where you may be, using the Wink app on your smartphone. Set up shortcuts that let you turn off all your home’s lights with a single tap or automatically turns up the thermostat when the front door is unlocked.
- ULTIMATE COMPATIBILITY: Wink Hub 2 enables you to connect and control 400+ smart home devices, including those made by Nest, Philips, Ring, Ecobee, GoControl, Schlage, Sonos, Arlo, Yale and Chamberlain.
- THE LARGEST PROTOCOL SUPPORT: Wink Hub 2 supports Bluetooth LE, ZigBee, Z-Wave, Kidde, and Lutron Clear Connect. Works with more smart home protocols than any other platform.
- MULTIPLE CONNECTION OPTIONS: Setup your Wink Hub 2 via 5GHz Wi-Fi or included Ethernet port.
Wink is the quick and simple way to connect you and your home. Manage hundreds of smart products from the best brands in one simple app. Faster, more reliable and more secure, Wink Hub 2 is the next generation of the Wink Hub. Hub 2 is compatible with more smart home technologies, so you can buy the devices you like from the brands you trust and know they’ll work seamlessly with Wink.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Z Wave Smart Home for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!